The top trend is transhumanism, which will drive "technology-driven evolution at an unprecedented speed of change, propelling deeper questions into what it is to be human".
Other trends identified in the report include an overall move to automation, virtual reality leading to a matrix-like "total reality-virtuality continuum", a rollout of 6G, and "ubiquitous connectivity anytime and anywhere by 2030".
Here is a summary of the report:
1. Transhumanism: Humanity is entering the rise of technology-driven evolution at an unprecedented speed of change, propelling deeper questions into what it is to be human.
2. Autonomous World: Autonomous applications could extend beyond warehouses to outside logistics with the industrial, aerospace, smart home infrastructure, and automotive industries becoming fully automated and intelligent.
3. Connected Living: Seamless integration of video, voice, and data services will provide access and ubiquitous connectivity anytime and anywhere by 2030.
4. Industry 5.0: With collaborative human-machine interaction, Industry 4.0 will begin to move towards Industry 5.0 in an iconic transition towards mass customization and extreme personalization.
5. Digital Reality as Frontier Technology: Augmented and virtual reality technology will begin evolving towards a total reality-virtuality continuum.
6. Complex Needs of a Heterogenous Society: A heterogeneous society will transform business models across a diverse set of industries.