Article Image

IPFS News Link • WAR: About that War

US Fumes Over IDF Strike On Aid Workers, But Still Refuses 'Conditions' On Military Transfer

• https://www.zerohedge.com, by Tyler Durden

Update(1635ET): In a Tuesday afternoon press briefing, National Security Council Communications Adviser John Kirby expressed that the US is "outraged" by the targeted strike on the World Central Kitchen (WCK) convoy overnight. "We were outraged to learn of an IDF strike that killed a number of civilian humanitarian workers yesterday from the World Central Kitchen, which has been relentlessly working to get food to those who are hungry in Gaza," he said.

Kirby laid out that the US expects Israel to conduct a broad and legitimate investigation: "We hope that those findings will be made public, and that there is appropriate accountability held," he told the briefing. Kirby vowed that the US "will continue to press Israel to do more" in protecting aid workers, and noted over 200 local and international aid workers have been killed since the Gaza war started.

The White House also confirmed that President Biden called WCK founder José Andrés and expressed condolences for the seven staff members killed in the strike. The celebrity chef on Tuesday lashed out at Israel for its "indiscriminate killing" of his employees while they were delivering aid.

"The Israeli government needs to stop this indiscriminate killing. It needs to stop restricting humanitarian aid, stop killing civilians and aid workers, and stop using food as a weapon," Andrés said on X. Israel has called it "unintentional" and "tragic" - with PM Netanyahu earlier in the day expressing regret (see below).

The killing of the aid workers, which included three British nationals, an Australian, a Polish national, an American-Canadian dual citizen and a Palestinian, has been featured throughout the day by US news networks. For example for the early half of Tuesday it was the top frontpage story at CNN.com. 


www.universityofreason.com/a/29887/KWADzukm