Why Homesteading? A Candid Chat About the Homestead Tsunami | Joel Salatin of Polyface Farms• Homesteaders of America
We fondly refer to Joel as the grandfather of the homesteading community. With decades of experience in the farming and homesteading world, he brings incredible insight to this discussion of the current state of homesteading. Joel's upcoming book, Homestead Tsunami, serves as a source of inspiration and aspiration for those who desire to articulate a solid "why" behind their decision to live a homesteading lifestyle. No matter where you are on the homesteading spectrum, may you find encouragement that this way of life is worth it.
In this episode, we cover:
- Why are so many people flocking toward homesteading right now?
- Rejecting fear-based motivations and moving forward in faith
- A picture of homesteading in Israel
- How homesteading is like building an ark
- Raising hard working children of integrity in our current culture
- The power of disconnecting from manmade things and connecting to God's creation
- Exploring what is behind the urban vs. rural mindset
- How to ignite meaningful change in our current climate