Article Image
IPFS News Link • Drugs and Medications

Gemma Moss believed to have become the first woman in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisonin

• Daily Mail
A young mother of three died after she was poisoned by the cannabis she smoked to help her get to sleep. Gemma Moss, 31, was killed by the level of the drug in her blood, an inquest heard. The regular churchgoer, who was found dead in her bedroom, is thought to be the first woman in Britain known to have died directly from cannabis poisoning. Her death was caused by cannabis toxicity, and a coroner recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse. The inquest was told that Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help her sleep.

5 Comments in Response to

Comment by Jerry Alexander
Entered on:

HA HA Some people will lie to their Mother.She could not consume the amount of Pot that could kill her.Her family,and friends are helping to spread this untruth.

Comment by Paul Yak
Entered on:


I think this is a typical "Daily Mail" story, tabloid trash. As weed has been used for THOUSANDS of Yrs and NO deaths, all of a sudden weed is a big story and we have a UK Death, IDIOTIC. Especially as tests have been done many times by myself, in the interests of science (I assure you all LOL) and my daily 30 yrs of testing has given me the results now (BeeeeeeeePPP!!) and I am not DEAD (Yet)! Good Luck with your experiments, IF anyone else would like more test results, please send your weed donations, or cheques made out to me; and I will take this serious risk instead of you, but only if you are really
Comment by Ed Price
Entered on:

Even if it is true, look at all the millions around the world killed by medical drugs and medical mistakes all the time. And that's to say nothing about how many the Government bullet kills. It's all about money.

Comment by Ernest Hancock
Entered on:

Riiiight. We'll keep up on this story since I am certain that it won't be going away and that the ME in this case will have his background, connections and biases evaluated... and should for everyone's education. Stay Tuned please.

Comment by Powell Gammill
Entered on:

Are there ANY competent MEs in the UK?  The first person in the UK to have died from cannabis toxicity . . . try the first on the planet.  Not.

Free Talk Live